- 400 g jar of nutella
- 600 g jacobs’s digestive biscuits
- 350 g caster sugar
- 300 g butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600 g mascarpone cheese
- 600 g cream cheese
- 10 inch spring form non-stick baking tin
- Make the base:
- In a food processor blend the biscuits to a fine crumb.
- Melt butter and pour into crumbs until combined – 2 minutes.
- Put the crumb mixture into the tin, press gently and evenly till the crumb reaches the top of the tin and covers the bottom, put in the fridge to firm up.
- Make the mix:
- Put the un-opened jar of Nutella in a small pan of water up to its lid and gentlly simmer for 10 mins to liquefy.
- Put both cheeses, vanilla seeds, sugar, eggs and yolks into a food processor and blend till smooth approximately 2/3 minutes.
- Add half the jar of Nutella and blend for another minute.
- Pour mix into biscuit base.
- Drizzle the remaining Nutella over the top.
- Bake the bake:
- Place in the middle of your oven at 120C for approx. 2½ hours.
- Temperature probe 68C-70C or if you don’t have a probe, test with a metal skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely (for a couple of hours) before serving.
- Eat straight up or with whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of Dine in Dublin. Dine in Dublin 2014 will showcase the best the city has to offer with a selection of well-known chefs and restaurants. For more information and the latest news, including confirmed restaurants, activities and booking information, visit www.dineindublin.ie