- 2 tblsp harissa paste
- 2 small haddock fi llets, skin removed
- 0.50 lemon
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to serve
- for the salad
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and fi nely sliced
- small handful of mint leaves, fi nely chopped
- To prepare the fish, spread the harissa paste on the flesh side of the fi sh fi llets and set aside.
- For the salad, whisk together the harissa paste, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a salad bowl and then toss in the carrots, spring onions and mint until combined.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and drizzle with a little oil if needed. Add the fish fillets, skin-side down, and fry for 2 minutes, then turn over and fry for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- When you turn the fi sh, squeeze lemon juice over the top. Season the fish fillets and serve alongside the carrot salad and tuck in!