- 350 g irish duck breast, skin scored
- 1 tblsp specially selected rapeseed oil
- 2 tblsp kilcree gold squeezy honey
- asia specialities dark soy sauce
- splash water
- 1 plum, chopped, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Cook the duck breast, skin side down in a cold ovenproof frying pan, on a medium heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the duck breast over and add the rest of the ingredients, except the plum.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, then move the pan to the oven to roast for 5-6 minutes (until the duck is just cooked through). Keep the pan juices but remove the duck breast to rest.
- Serve by carving the duck breast into thick slices and drizzling the pan juices over the duck. Garnish with the chopped plum and serve with mixed salad leaves.
Tierra Del Sol Cabernet Sauvignon
This full-bodied wine carries the weight of the meaty duck, with the dark fruit qualities of the wine enhancing the robust juicy plums.