Homemade Chocolate Truffles
In chocolate shops, chocolate truffles come in all sorts of flavours, but the simplest you can make at home have just three ingredients: great quality chocolate, fresh cream and a little bit of cocoa powder for dusting.
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate truffles are really very easy. All you have to do is heat the cream, about half the weight of cream to the chocolate, and then break the chocolate up into small pieces.
- Put the chocolate into a bowl. The secret is to use really good quality chocolate and don't be tempted into buying cooking chocolate.
- Bring the cream as close to boiling as you can without letting it boil and pour it over the chocolate and leave for a few minutes. If it doesn't melt fast enough, pop it in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate has melted into the cream pop it into the fridge for an hour or so until it hardens. After that, take out little spoonfuls, and this is the fun bit, you just roll it in the palms of your hands.
- As you do that the outside warms up, becomes a little sticky and the cocoa powder will stick to it better. Sprinkle powder over or roll the balls in it and that is all there is to it.
- Put the truffles out of temptation's way in the fridge until dinner is finished. Serve.