- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tblsp Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 350g chicken thigh meat, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp curry powder
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- Small handful of mint, basil and coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a bowl, combine the lemongrass, chilli, garlic and fish sauce. Place the chicken meat into another bowl and add half the lemongrass mix, reserving the rest. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the reserved lemongrass mixture, then add the curry powder and stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant. Then add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 4–5 minutes until the pieces have a nice colour on all sides.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and stir in the sugar. Simmer for a few minutes until the stock has reduced and you are left with a thick sauce.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with the herbs.