- 3 eggs (free range)
- 120 g plain flour (100g rice flour for coeliacs)
- 25 ml cream
- 45 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod (fresh, if possible)
- 15 g melted butter
- pinch sea salt
- caster sugar
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Let it rest for 2/3 hrs (or, even better, overnight).
- Put the mixture through a fine strainer to make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick, or cast-iron, frying pan until very hot. Put a drop of sunflower oil into it, along with a nob of butter. Coat the pan and then pour the oil off into a separate bowl.
- Ladel the mixture into the pan so it's as thick or thin as you like. Cook for about 10 secs (longer if the pancake is thicker), flip it and cook for the same time on the other side.
- On a plate, sprinkle caster sugar. Put the pancake onto it. Drizzle lemon juice on top.