- 8 large well rinsed, scraped and de- bearded mussels
- 2 oz white wine
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 4 slices rogan's whiskey oak smoked bacon diced (regular bacon will suffice)
- 2 cup finely sliced cabbage (sauteed until soft in butter)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 3 oz guinness or the froth from a pint
- Add the mussels, wine, garlic and shallots to a pan with seasoning and 1/2 a cup of water and cook with a lid on until they open.
- Whilst the mussels are cooking saute the bacon dice in a little vegetable oil until crispy
- Boil a pint of water in a pot and place a bowl over the top with the egg yolk, sugar and guinness and whisk vigorously until the mixture becomes thick, creamy and double in bulk. season to taste.
- Rip the meatless half shell of the mussels off and discard
- Place the mussels on a metal tray, top with bacon and cabbage and then spoon on the guinness sabayon.
- Scorch with a blow torch or glaze under a grill and serve