Peanut Butter Cookies
Soft, rich, moist in the middle, slightly crispy around the edges, with that nutty flavor
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup peanut butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tblsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tblsp sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Place sprinkling sugar — the remaining tablespoon — on a plate. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar, then onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisss-cross pattern, but do not overly flatten cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
- Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.