- 175 g (6oz) butter, plus extra for greasing
- 100 g (3½oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 125 g (4½oz) caster sugar
- 30 g (1oz) plain flour
- 0.50 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Grease six mini pudding moulds.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and gently stir through the chopped chocolate until melted.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they become pale and thick. Pour in the chocolate mixture, then sift in the flour and chilli powder, if using. Using a spatula, fold the mixture together until it is evenly combined.
- Place the greased pudding moulds on a baking sheet and divide the chocolate batter amongst them. Place in the oven on the middle shelf to cook for 12 minutes. When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest for at least 1 minute. Then run a mini spatula around the inside edges to loosen the puddings, invert onto plates and serve immediately with freshly whipped cream.
Generic image (c) Thinkstock