- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 red onion (peeled and sliced wafer-thin)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp honey
- 400 g tin of black-eyed beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 75 g feta cheese (crumbled)
- small handful of fresh coriander
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- toasted sourdough bread, to serve
- Put the olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and fry the red pepper and half the onion for 2 minutes. Mix through the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and honey, season with sea salt and ground black pepper and allow to simmer away gently for 8 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir through the beans until combined.
- Make four wells in the tomato sauce with the back of a spoon and crack in the eggs. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and a grind of black pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 6–8 minutes or until the egg whites are no longer translucent.
- When cooked, garnish with fresh coriander leaves, the remaining thinly sliced red onion and lime wedges. Serve straight away with some toasted sourdough bread.