- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 75 g melted butter
- 150 g sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 185 g all-purpose flour
- 1 handful cranberries
- 1 handful fat juicy sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- There is no need for a mixer for this recipe so with a wooden spoon mix the butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, cranberries, sultanas and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last and mix it all together.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack, remove from the pan and slice to serve.
Maura's top tips:Ripe bananas taste better in this recipe. Reduce the amount of sugar if you don’t like it too sweet.