- 250 g milk chocolate
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 5 tblsp whipping cream
- 1 tblsp golden syrup
- 400 g packet digestive biscuits
- 100 g white chocolate (optional)
- Break the chocolate into squares and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Set over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt. Remove from the heat and mix in the cream and golden syrup-by hand this takes a few minutes.
- Finely chop the digestive biscuits and fold into the chocolate mixture. Using a white spatula, transfer to a 900ml (1 ½ pints) loaf tin that has been double lined with clingfilm as this makes the cake much easier to lift out.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight is best; turn out the chocolate biscuit cake on to a platter. Break the white chocolate into squares, if using and melt in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle all over the chocolate biscuit cake and leave at room temperature to set for about 20 minutes before cutting into slices and arranging on plates to serve.
This recipe makes 1 loaf