- 375 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bread soda
- 1 tblsp bran
- 1 tblsp wheatgerm
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp pinhead oatmeal or rolled oats
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 0.50 litre) buttermilk
- sesame seeds
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in centre and add honey and oil. Pour in half the buttermilk and mix well.
- Pour in the remainder of the buttermilk and mix to a soft, wet dough.
- Grease and flour a 2lb loaf tin and pour in mixture. Press down well and then draw a line down the centre with a floured knife. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a hot oven for one hour. You may need to reduce the oven after half an hour.
- Oven temp: 200°C (400°F/Gas 7). Reduce if necessary to 180°C (375°F/Gas 6).