- 0.50 duck
- 1 head of chicory
- 2 baby gem hearts
- 2 small pears (peeled and cored)
- 25 g walnuts (roughly chopped)
- for the vinaigrette:
- 1 tblsp honey
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 orange (zest only)
- salt and pepper
- Score the duck skin and season duck well all over including in the cavity, roast at 180ºC until cooked through. Allow to cool and rest then when the duck has cooled strip the meat from the breast and legs and cut into slices.
- Break up the chicory leaves and the baby gem. Wash and dry them and set aside. To make the vinaigrette, mix the vinegar, honey, mustard and orange zest in a bowl and then add the olive oil stirring continuously, then season to taste.
- Place the chicory and baby gem leaves in a bowl, slice the pear and add to the leaves along with the walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and mix gently.
- To serve, divide the salad between the serving dishes and sprinkle with the duck meat, serve immediately.