- 120 g butter
- 190 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 270 g flour
- 5 tblsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp dr.oetker baking powder
- 0.50 tsp salt
- 250 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp. dr.oetker vanilla extract
- for the filling
- 250 g icing sugar
- 170 g butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp dr.oetker peppermint flavouring
- 1 tsp dr.oetker green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In another bowl beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the egg.
- Now add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk alternatively and slowly until all are combined into a thick batter.
- Using two teaspoons shape into rounded drops and space on baking sheets allow for spreading and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling by whisking all the ingredients together until a light paste is formed.
- When the rounded drops have cooled sandwich together with filling and serve.
Recipes are courtesy of the Dr. Oetker Baking range, available in all good stores nationwide. Check out www.oetker.ie for more delicious recipes.