- 15 g butter, melted
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 275 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 400 g caster sugar
- 0.50 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large free-range eggs (beaten)
- 200 g plain flour (sifted)
- pinch salt
- tickety moo vanilla ice cream (bd foods)
- 250 g strawberries to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC /Gas 4. Brush 8 metal small pudding moulds sparingly with melted butter and dust with cocoa powder. Shake out the excess and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and unsalted butter gently in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the beaten eggs into the mixture a little at a time. Then fold in the sifted flour with the salt and mix gently until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the moulds, filling each one at least two thirds full. Place the moulds on a tray and transfer to the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven. Cook for 12 minutes exactly and then remove from the oven.
- To serve, run a knife round the edge of the moulds and tip out on to serving plates. Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whole strawberries.