- 1 packet smoked salmon
- 1 st tola goats cheese
- 2 tblsp sour cream
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tsp chopped dill, chive and chervil
- 100 g butter
- 2 large onions
- 2 tblsp gherkins/capers/sundried tomato
- chopped parsley
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf rye bread
- Slice the smoked salmon length ways and lay side by side on a line tray with cling film.
- Mix the goat’s cheese with the chopped herbs, sour cream and a little lemon zest, add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the goat’s cheese mix on one end of the smoked salmon and roll up like a sausage, leave in the fridge to set for two/three hours.
- Mean while in a hot frying pan and the butter and allow to go a nut brown colour add the sliced onions and cook on a very low heat until the onions go really soft and sweet. Strain off the excess butter and keep warm until serving.
- To make the vinaigrette simply cut the gherkins and tomatoes into small pieces add the capers and cover with olive oil and season and finish with some freshly chopped parsley just before serving.
- To serve place some of the caramelised onion into the centre of each plate top with a slice of smoked salmon and goats cheese on top and drizzle some vinaigrette around. Serve with some freshly toasted Rye bread.