- for the hake:
- 4 (175g each) hake fillets (pin-boned and scaled)
- 16 raw dublin bay prawns (peeled)
- and veins removed
- 4 tblsp chopped basil
- 4 tsp chilli jam or sweet chilli sauce
- 125 g grated mozzarella cheese
- maldon sea salt and freshly
- ground black pepper
- 4 tblsp pesto
- for the spinach:
- 50 g butter
- 225 g spinach (washed and tough stalks removed)
- pinch of caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Place the hake, skin-side down, on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper and carefully arrange the prawns on top.
- Sprinkle over the basil and then drizzle the chilli jam or sauce on top. Scatter with mozzarella and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for about 15–20 minutes until golden brown.
- To sauté the spinach, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Once it has stopped foaming, quickly sauté the spinach with the sugar until soft and wilted. Season the spinach with salt and pepper to taste and drain well on kitchen paper to remove the excess moisture. Return to the saucepan and keep warm over a very low heat until ready to serve.
- Place a pile of the sautéed spinach in the centre of four plates and, using a fish slice, carefully arrange a cooked fillet of hake on top of each. To serve, drizzle 1 tablespoon of pesto around the edge of each plate.