- 4 courgettes
- 4 good-sized (ripe tomatoes)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- fresh rosemary (chopped)
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few extra garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- Heat the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas 3).
- Slice the vegetables as thinly as possible. You could use a food processor or a mandolin to slice these, but sometimes it’s nice doing things slowly.
- And it’s good to sit them almost upright to pack as many in as possible. Its makes a very colourful dish with the green, the black and the red.
- Squeeze them up and really pack them in there. A little bit of thyme, not too much. You just want to give it a slight flavour and you don’t want to chew bits of rosemary later. Now the whole thing gets nicely sprinkled with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and scatter with the unpeeled garlic cloves. Cook for about 40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.