- 12 large egg yolks
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 ml clotted cream
- 100 ml whole milk
- 75 ml honey
- 2 large eating apples
- 25 ml honey
- 50 g butter
- 6-8 shortbread biscuits
- Place the cream and milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil. In a bowl beat the egg yolk and 150ml honey together until pale in colour
- Pour the cream and milk mixture onto the egg mixture and whisk. Then pour into a clean saucepan and on a low heat, stir with a wooden spoon until the ice cream custard coats the back of the spoon.
- Transfer into a bowl that is sitting in cold water or ice. Leave to cool completely. Put the flour, brown 55ml honey, oats and 80g of butter into a bowl and rub together. Place on a baking tray and cook at 180°C for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
- Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed frying pan. Then stir in the remaining honey, add apples and cook on a medium heat until apples are soft. Allow to cool.
- Purée half of the apples and stir into the ice cream custard. Churn the ice cream in an ice cream machine when the mixture in thick fold in the remaining apples and crumble mix.