- 4 eggs
- 200 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Separate eggs, add ½ sugar to the yolks and beat well with a mixer.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy then add remaining sugar, gradually beating until stiff peaks form.
- Melt butter and chocolate over hot water stirring regularly. Pour into egg yolk mixture and fold.
- Once combined fold in egg whites.
- Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the lower third of your oven.
This cake will collapse as it has no flour to sustain the rise