- 500 g chicken breast (sliced)
- 2 tblsp fish sauce
- 2 tblsp grated root ginger
- 2 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 red chilli (seeded and sliced)
- 4 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp oil
- 1 red onion (cut into wedges)
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 spring onion
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 handful mint
- 1 handful purple basil
- Combine the fish sauce, ginger, garlic, chili and 1 tblsp sugar in a bowl, mix the chicken with this and leave to marinade at least one hour.
- Heat some oil in a wok. Drain the chicken from the marinade and fry the chicken for a few minutes until cooked, remove from the pan, pour in the remaining marinade and the chicken stock with the rest of the sugar, let this bubble and reduce to a syrupy sauce, add the onion and return the chicken to the pan, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Arrange on plates and top with a generous amount of the herbs.
- You can roast the chicken skin in the oven while the rest of the dish is cooking, shred this and top the salad with it.