- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- low fat monounsaturated cooking spray
- 50 g raisins or dried fruit of your choice
- 0.50 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp harissa paste /spice mix
- 1 finely chopped preserved lemon or the rind of a scrubbed lemon
- 3 tblsp fresh breadcrumbs (wholemeal bread if available)
- 1 tblsp finely chopped parsley (fresh is best but dried will be fine too)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and put a baking tray in to heat.
- Cut a pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast using a small sharp knife.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Spray the chicken breasts with low fat cooking spray and then cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes until brown all over. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dried fruit, mixed spice, harissa slice mix, lemon rind, wholemeal breadcrumbs and fresh or parsley.
- Fill each chicken pocket and don’t worry if it oozes out!
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, transfer the chicken to the tray, spray with low fat cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Serve immediately with mango salsa, some wild rice and a big green salad.
- If you can’t find preserved lemons, use the zest of a large lemon.