- 450 g pork, fat and lean, without skin or gristle
- 450 g lean veal and clonakilty black pudding
- 450 g beef suet
- 225 g cooked leek with out colour
- 225 g breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lemon (rind)
- 1 small nutmeg
- 6 sage-leaves
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- Chop the pork, veal, and black pudding and suet finely together, add the breadcrumbs, leeks, lemon-peel (which should be well-minced), and a small grated nutmeg.
- Wash and chop the sage-leaves very finely; add these, with the remaining ingredients, to the sausage meat, and when thoroughly mixed, either put the meat into skins, (you can get skins from your local butcher) or form it into little cakes.
- These should be floured and fried in a small amount of oil for 5-10 minutes and served with fresh bread