- 4 free range eggs
- 2 large beetroot
- 400 g lamb’s lettuce
- 200 g mayonnaise
- chives (garnish)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Boil beetroot in salted water until tender. When cooked, cool down, peel and slice into small batons.
- Wash lamb’s lettuce and set aside.
- Boil eggs for 8 minutes for soft boiled or 10 minutes for hard.
- Once boiled remove, and plunge in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Thin out mayonnaise with some hot water to achieve consistency of pouring cream and smoked paprika.
- To assemble, divide lamb’s lettuce into centre of four plates. Place sliced beetroot on top.
- Peel eggs, cut in half, and place on top of beetroot.
- Spoon mayonnaise around plate and garnish with some chopped chives.