- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup grated gruyere
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 packet pre made puff pastry
- finely ground sea salt, optional
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, chop the Parmesan, Gruyere and rosemary together until coarsely chopped. Set the cheese mixture aside.
- Separate the dough strips.
- Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut each dough strip in half lengthwise to form thin strips.
- Working with dough strip at a time, coat each strip with the cheese mixture, pressing very gently. Twist each cheese covered dough strip and place onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with the salt, if you wish.
- Bake until the breadsticks are golden brown, 180°C (350° F/Gas 4), which takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the warm breadsticks to a basket and serve.