- olive oil
- 1 whole organic or free range chicken (jointed into 8 pieces)
- 4 cloves of garlic (whole)
- bunch of fresh tarragon
- 4 tblsp dry white wine
- sprig of rosemary
- sprig of thyme
- 350 ml chicken stock
- Place Casserole dish over a medium heat and add in a dollop of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the chicken pieces and lightly brown, then add in the garlic, season with salt and pepper and allow to cook for a further minute.
- Pour the wine over chicken, followed by the stock and bring to the boil.
- Roughly chop up all the fresh herbs and add to the casserole, stir and cover.
- Place in pre-heated oven at 140°C for 1.5 hours.