- 1 tin of organic chick peas (drained)
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- 250 g young spinach leaves
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- fresh parsley
- wedge of pecorino
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- peanut oil
- Begin by grilling the artichoke hearts gently just to colour them and at the same time, heat the chickpeas gently with a little oil.
- Place the mushrooms (seasoned and lightly oiled) under a grill and cook for a round 5 minutes.
- Make a vinaigrette by combining three parts oil to one part vinegar.
- Mix the oil and mustard together first (a good dollop) and then add the vinegar. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the spinach leaves in a bowl and lightly salt them.
- Toss them with the vinaigrette (this will cook them a little).
- Add the mushrooms (quartered), the warm chick peas and the artichoke hearts. Toss well.
- Arrange on a serving plate with parsley on top and shavings of fresh pecorino.
- This makes for a handsome starter but for a more hearty supper dish you could add grilled pancetta or bacon lardons. Grilled asparagus too would be excellent in this salad.