- 1 tblsp plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 550 ml milk
- 50 g semolina
- 50 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4).
- With the teaspoon of butter, lightly grease a medium-sized baking dish and leave ready.
- Heat the milk to near boiling point and sprinkle over the semolina.
- Bring the milk to the boil stirring continuously and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the sugar, the remaining butter, the lemon rind, cinnamon and egg yolk.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake the pudding for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve at once.