- 1.50 kg white fish trimmings (heads with gills removed)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 small leek (thinly sliced, white part only)
- 1 small carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1 stick celery
- 6 parsley stalks
- 10 black peppercorns
- 285 ml white wine
- 1.80 l white wine
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring slowly to a point just below boiling.
- This is important as, if the stock is allowed to boil, the end product will be cloudy.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, periodically skimming any scum from the surface.
- Strain through a sieve and allow to cool before refrigerating.