- 4 rounds of wholemeal bread (or white, if you prefer)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tblsp milk
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- enough vegetable oil just to cover the surface of the frying pan
- Beat up the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper.
- Put the slices of bread on a flat dish, and pour over half the egg mixture, spreading it to cover the whole surface.
- Turn the bread and pour over the rest of the egg mixture.
- Leave it to rest and soak for a few minutes while you warm a frying pan over a low heat with the oil.
- Fry the egg-soaked bread until lightly browned on each side.
- Serve at once.