- 500 g couscous
- 200 g ready to eat dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 200 g raisins
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 3 tsp orange juice
- 450 g clear honey (plus 2 tsp extra for drizzling)
- 2 tblsp flaked almonds
- low fat greek yogurt to serve
- Line a 23 cm square loose bottomed cake tin with baking parchment. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour in 650ml (just a little over 1 pint) of boiling water and leave to stand for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, put all the other ingredients, except the flaked almonds, into a large saucepan set over a low heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the fruit is nicely softened and all ingredients are working together.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, add the couscous and mix together very well.
- Put all of the mixture into the lined cake tin and press down hard using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Drizzle with the extra honey and sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Leave the cake(at room temperature) to set, then serve each portion with a dollop of greek yogurt.