- grape sauce:
- 200 g whole black and green seedless grapes
- 50 g mint leaves
- 20 g fresh root ginger
- ¼ small green chilli
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- slosh of vegetable oil
- 12 king size scallops (cleaned and coral removed)
- ½ tsp black/white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp chilli and garlic flakes
- ½ tsp ground coriander and cumin mixed
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- 100 g butter
- 1 punnet macro salad leaves
- 18 frozen grapes
- To make grape sauce, mix all the ingrediants in a blender and blend until smooth – set aside.
- Dip 4 scallops on one side only in sesame seeds, take 4 more and dip in garlic and chilli flakes and take remaining 4 and dip in coriander and cumin.
- Cook the scallops in 3 sepatate batches.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, then add the sesame scallops with sesame side down – cook for 30 seconds over a medium heat and turn and add the butter, cook for another minute to give a golden colour then turn again and cook for another minute. Transfer to a warm plate and repeat with the remaining scallop, using fresh oil and butter for each batch.
- Place the sauted scallops on micro leave salad with grape and ginger sauce, place a few frozen grapes around the plate and serve.
By Caoilfhionn Hannon for MasterChef Ireland