- lamb, chump, striplion and fillet - from local farm.
- two courgettes
- can of cannellini beans
- 1 l chicken stock (pre-prepped at home)
- 1 l lamb demi glace (pre-prepped at home)
- 12 stalks new season asparagus from my garden.
- one lemon
- one lime
- one chillie
- bunch spring onions.
- herbs – mint, thyme, rosemary, oregano ( gold and green ) , chives - from my own garden
- garlic and parsley
- dijon mustard
- smoked salt
- 1 jar of passata (commercially produced)
- If the butcher has not broken down the saddle begin by doing that into chump, striplion and fillet. Hold back cut offs and bone for making stock at a later time. Let rest to room temp.
- Prepare herbs by chopping and mincing as follows - Thyme, oregano, rosemary and garlic. Chop finely and put aside. Mint, oregano, parsley and garlic , chop finely and put aside.
- Take chump, lightly season, paint on Dijon mustard and coat in rosemary based herb mix, set aside on a plate . Take striplion lightly season and coat in mint herb mix , set aside on the meat plate. Lightly season fillet with smoked salt and pepper, set aside on meat plate cover all 3 with cling wrap.
- 40 minutes to go.
- Chop and quickly soften some spring onion , throw in can of cannellini beans, add chicken stock, hint of garlic and chillie. Simmer adjust seasoning to taste.
- Heat frying pan with little dash olive oil , Dice courgette, then fry off until soft, add passata and seasoning. Squeeze of lime juice. Adjust seasoning to taste add hint of mint and oregano just before serving.
- 25 minutes to go.
- Put chump on roasting tray and pop in oven for 20 mins.
- Put griddle pan on high heat.
- Prepare demi glace adjust seasoning to taste add dash of water if to thick. Keep warm.
- 15 minutes to go.
- Cook off striplion just to mark on griddle pan, add to chump in oven. Boil water, add salt and cook asparagus until tender – 3 to 4 minutes. Drain add knob of butter and squeeze of lemon.
- 5 minutes to go.
- Pull chump and striplion from oven allow to rest. Cook off fillet - 1 min each side.
- Plate up: Form up courgette, and bean in rings with cookie cutter. Form up asparagus.
- Cut chump into thin slices lay on courgette, cut striplion slightly thicker and lay on beans, pay fillet on asparagus. Dress plate with demi glace and serve.
By Joe O'Flynn for MasterChef Ireland