- for the base:
- 125 g digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 125 g plain chocolate (melted)
- 50 g chopped mixed nuts
- for the filling:
- 225 g curd cheese
- 275 ml whipping cream
- 25 g sugar
- 3 tblsp thick blackcurrant puree made by liquidizing then sieving the drained contents of a 375g/13oz jar of blackcurrants
- To make the base: put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together, then spread evenly in a 20cm/8inch springclip tin or a cake tin with a loose base.
- Leave in a cool place while you make the filling.
- For the filling, whip the curd cheese, cream and sugar together.
- Lightly mix in the blackcurrant puree, just swirling it.
- Do not mix it in too much.
- Pour the topping over the biscuit base.
- Chill for at least 2 hour, or overnight.
- Remove the sides of the tin.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate to serve.