- firm and ripe seasonal fruit (plums and apples), halved
- brown sugar
- vanilla pods
- caster sugar
- mascarpone cheese
- double cream
- First make the vanilla sugar. For every vanilla pod use 250g caster sugar, depending on how much you want to make.
- Blitz the vanilla pod in a blender and add the sugar. Blitz again. Place the mixture through a sieve and re-blitz the bits left behind. Add the sugar again and blitz for one last time.
- Thin the mascarpone out a little with the cream and add some vanilla sugar to taste.
- Cut the fruit attractively, making sure to remove core and pips.
- Sprinkle a little of the spices and brown sugar over the fruit and dot with a little butter.
- Place the fruit, cut-side up, in a really hot oven and roast for about 3-4 minutes.
- Arrange the fruit around a dollop of mascarpone cream and serve.