- 1 tuna steak (approx. 120 -150g)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 150 g onion (approx 1 small)
- 300 g fennel (approx 1)
- 100 ml low fat milk
- ¼ cube of vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- Chop the onions and chop the fennel in half circles. Pour the olive oil into the pan and add the chopped onions to that. Add the crushed garlic and leave to fry so it becomes soft but does not burn.
- Add the fennel that has been chopped. Add the soy sauce, vegetable stock, and white pepper. Stir and close the lid and leave to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Remove the lid and finish cooking so that all the extra liquid gets absorbed by the cooking fennel and evaporates. In the end you should have the fennel cooked until soft.
- Fry the tuna steak.