Organic Salmon on a bed of parsley and crab
Conor Pope serves up organic salmon on a bed of parsley and crab infused crushed potatoes served with a chilli, mango, papaya and lime salsa & accompanied by purple sprouting broccoli in garlic butter on Celebrity MasterChef Irealnd.
- 1 kg new potatoes
- 3 scallions
- 200 g crab meat
- one red chilli
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- 100 g olive oil
- 200 g butter
- clove of garlic
- 500 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 250 g organic salmon fillets
- handful of fresh basil
- two limes
- one mango
- one papaya
- 50 g castor sugar
- handful of coriander
- Potatoes: Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Heat olive oil and 50g butter in a large sauce pan. Add boiled, peeled, potatoes and warm. Remove from heat, and crush.
- Add chopped scallions, half of one chilli and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add crab meat and mix.
- Salmon: Score salmon, season and fleck with freshly chopped basil. Sear in a hot pan, skin down for 8 minutes or until cooked.
- For the broccoli in garlic butter: Crush the garlic and mash into the butter. Blanch the broccoli and toss in garlic butter.
- For the salsa: Rougly chop half a mango and half a papaya. Add lime zest half of one chilli and juice of both limes, mix in castor sugar and honey.
- To plate up: Spoon the potatoes into a circular serving ring. Remove the ring to leave a neat pile of potatoes and place the salmon on top. Serve the broccoli and salsa on the side.