Chicken with sweet chilli sauce and Thai salad
Served with salad of coriander, chilli, tomato, cucumber and lime alongside Basmati rice
- 2 chillis
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chicken breast
- coriander leaves
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- basmati rice
- 0.50 cup sugar
- coconut milk
- chicken stock
- olive oil
- 0.25 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix garlic, lemongrass, chilli, coriander, ginger and olive oil in bowl and add chicken and
marinade for at least ½ hour (or as long as you can)
- Fry rice in olive oil, chili, garlic, lemongrass and ginger. Then cover it (double liquid to rice) in coconut milk and chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
Sweet chilli sauce
- Place chillies, sugar, water, lime juice and cumin seeds in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Cook for 4 minutes and add 2 tomatoes and cook until the mixture is thick.
- Make the salad with coriander leaves, cucumber, tomato, shallot, lime and oil with a pinch of sugar and salt .
- Chargrill the chicken breast in a pan over medium heat for 3 mins on each side, then cover in tinfoil and place in reheated oven for 15 mins (or until cooked) season to taste
- Chargrill the tofu in a pan over medium heat for 3 mins on each side, season to taste
- Place the basmati rice in a mould in the center of the plate and add chicken slices in a circle on top. Pour the sweet chilli sauce on top and finish with the salad. Place the tofu on either side of the plate and pour a few drops of the sauce around the plate