Have you got your sow & grow pack yet?
innocent and GIY have teamed up yet again this year for their ‘sow & grow’ campaign which is hopes to encourage little ones around the country to get sowing and growing in classrooms and youth groups.
The sow & grow project aims to get over 25,000 children growing this spring through a fun, free, learning experience that will show them just how easy it is to grow their own greens and eat their crop.
The campaign kicked off in March, but teachers and youth group leaders can still apply for one of 850 free sow & grow packs on innocentdrinks.ie/sowandgrow.
Each pack includes 30 growing pots, seeds, soil, lesson plans and growing guides and is sure to keep a group of young growers busy while educating them on the benefits of planting seeds which they will see grow and turn into a delicious, edible plant.
What’s in the ‘sow & grow’ packs?
• 30 sow & grow pots, one for each class or group member
• Three large packets of seeds: basil, cress & peas
• A growing guide for each plant
• One bag of compost
• A lesson plan to help teachers
The registered schools can then write about or upload photos with their growing progress and for every school that does, they will receive a sow & grow certificate as well the chance to win one of three blooming amazing prizes.
• 1st prize: A trip to Bloom Festival and Dublin Zoo, €500 of gardening equipment, one year mentorship from a GIY gardener and a meet and greet at Bloom with Donal Skehan
• 2nd prize: €400 of gardening equipment and a visit from a GIY member
• 3rd prize: €300 of gardening equipment and a visit from a GIY member
Visit www.innocentdrinks.ie/sowandgrow to register for a innocent & GIY ‘sow & grow’ pack that will keep children informed and amused on all things healthy and natural.