For those designated drivers or non drinkers, there are plenty of tasty drinks to tickle your taste buds. These are a few of my festive favourites.
There are loads of decent sparkling fruit juices on the market these days which work as an excellent substitute for Cava or Prosecco. Not only are these mocktails refreshing, but they are also full of healthy vitamins. These delicious drinks taste and look just as good as the real thing…..and won’t give you a headache the next day.
Sparkling Virgin Cosmo
This drink looks the business. The sugared martini glass, with the juicy red drink and green lime make this a really Christmassy looking cocktail. Cosmos are the ultimate girly drink and this is a great pre-dinner aperitif. It’s bursting full of vitamin C, so perfect for warding off any winter colds. I love the look and taste of this non alcoholic Cosmo as it puts me in the party mood without having any alcohol.
• Ice cubes
• 60ml of cranberry juice
• 30 ml of fresh lime juice
• 150 ml of soda water
• Lime wedges for garnish
• 1tablespoon of castor sugar
1. Pour ice into a tall glass.
2. Add cranberry juice, fresh lime juice, and soda water.
3. Shake to combine using another glass as a shaker.
4. Run a lime wedge over the outside rim of a chilled martini glass.
5. Pour sugar onto a small plate or flat surface. Dip the rim of the glass into sugar to create a thin boarder of sugar.
6. Strain the liquid into the chilled martini glass.
7. Garnish with lime.
This minty classic is sure to refresh and revive the palate. It’s a cinch to make and works great in a pitcher and served with dinner. I love the minty and lime flavour from this drink and it make such a nice change from a boring old soda water and lime.
• 8 to 10 fresh mint leaves, washed and dried
• 60ml of fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon castor sugar
• 120ml of soda water
• Lime wedges for garnish
1. In a tall glass, muddle mint leaves, lime juice and sugar until all the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the ice.
3. Pour in the soda water.
4. Garnish with lime.
Fizzy Apple Pom-pom
This elegant drink is perfect for celebrating. It’s full of goodness and fruity flavor. It’s possible to replace the sparkling apple juice with ginger ale to create a fizzy ginger pom-pom. I love fresh pomegranate, so I sometimes pop in a few fresh pomegranate seeds and a raspberry for added flavor and garnish.
• 30ml chilled pomegranate juice
• 100ml of sparkling apple juice
• A raspberry and fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish
1. Pour the pomegranate juice into a champagne flute.
2. Top up with the sparkling apple juice
3. Garnish with a fresh raspberry or pomegranate seeds.