A healthy and nutritious family meal that doubles as a lunchbox filler.
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1l of low salt vegetable stock
- 250g risotto rice
- 450g frozen peas
- 300g frozen prawns
- Large handful of freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Heat half the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and gently sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice to the onion and stir until all of the rice has been coated by the butter.
- Add the stock in a ladle full at a time, stirring frequently, waiting until all of the stock has been absorbed by the rice before adding another ladle full.
- After about 10-15 minutes add the peas, stir in well before continuing to add the stock.
- Once all of the stock has been added stir in the prawns.
- Allow the prawns to heat up in the mixture for a minute or two before removing it from the heat and adding in the remaining butter along with a large handful of freshly grated parmesan.
Recipe courtesty of Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie