1) Salmon are anadromous fish, which means they…
a) Live solely in salt water
b) Live solely in freshwater
c) Live their lives in both freshwater and the sea
2) Stage 2 of a salmon's life the fish are known as…
3) What is the orange blob attached to the newly hatched fish?
a) Yolk Sac
b) Their Stomach
c) Their Brain
4) Stage 3: The fry has how many fins?
5) Stage 4: Parr develop what type of camouflage to hide from predators
a) Stripes and spots
b) A moustache
c) They turn Green
6) Stage 5 of a salmon's life they are known as…
7) Stage 6: Where do the adult salmon go to spawn
a) At the river they were born
b) On a beach
c) Far out to sea
Here is Múinteoir Clíona's picture of the lifecycle of a salmon. Have a go at drawing it out for yourself.
Here is an interesting animated video on the lifecycle of the salmon.
Get the Fish to his Seaweed Home
What do you call a salmon wearing a suit and tie? Sofishticated.
What happened the fish who ate raw chicken? He got salmon-illa
Why are fish no good at basketball? Because they are scared of the net
What do fish need to stay healthy? Vitamin Sea
What do call a fish with no eyes? Fsh
Send us pictures or videos of what you have done. Ask your parents to help you send them to rte.ie/learn
1) c) Live their lives in both freshwater and the sea, 2) b) Alevin, 3) A) Yolk Sac, 4) C) 8, 5) A) Stripes and Spots, 6) B) Smolt, 7) A) The river they were born.