Based on the information Múinteoir John taught us in today's lesson see if you can answer these questions.
- There are ___________ planets in our solar system.
- Pluto is not a planet. It is a _____________ ______________.
- Earth is the ________ planet from the sun.
- The sun is not a planet, it is a ____________.
- The astronomical body orbiting the Earth is the ___________.
DON'T FORGET! An easy way to remember the planets is by using this mnemonic: "My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets". Of course, as we know, Pluto isn’t a planet but it’s nice to include it so we can keep in mind that it’s there!
Search The Stars
Your mission is to locate the planet names in this wordsearch, as quickly as possible. Good luck!
If you could design your own planet, what would it look like? Would there be water on it? Would there be land and countries? Would it be made of chocolate maybe with strange candy creatures living there? Draw your own planet and tell us about it. Don't be afraid to use your imagination!
Send us pictures or videos of what you have done. Ask your parents to help you send them to rte.ie/learn
Answers: Quick Quiz
- Dwarf Planet