It's Pancake Tuesday, and Operation Transformation's Dr Eva Orsmond has given RTÉ TEN her recipe for Finnish, waistline-friendly pancakes – approximately 200kcal per pancake!
The Ingredients for One Pancake:
1 tblsp all purpose flour
Oil to spray
1) Break one egg in a bowl and add the milk. While whisking, add the flour - preferably through a sieve as this will avoid lumps.
2) Add some artificial sweetener if you like sweet pancakes.
3) Let stand for 15-30 minutes.
4) Spray a non-stick pan with oil and let warm up to medium (approx to 4 if your hob is maximum 6) and then pour the egg/milk mixture in and let cook until the one side is firm and then flip it over.
5) Serve with raspberries or with squeezed lemon.
Operation Transformation continues on RTÉ One tonight, Tuesday February 12, at 8:30pm. For more, click here.