Charlotte Church and her two young children were reportedly almost killed after a boiler at their home began to leak.

The Sun reports that the singer told friends that she and her children are "lucky to be alive" after discovering that the boiler in her mansion was releasing carbon monoxide into the house.

Church was apparently suffering severe headaches for weeks before she fitted a Carbon Monoxide detector at the suggestion of her grandfather and soon realised the problem.

A source explained: "Charlotte was terrified when she found out what had been happening.

"Charlotte is probably lucky that the house is so big and airy."

Church has two children, 3-year-old Ruby and 2-year-old Dexter, who are also said to have been at risk from the faulty boiler.

Last year, Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle revealed that her entire family could have died after a similar gas leak at her home in California.