Patrick Kavanagh met Katherine Moloney, a friend of Therese Cronin and Leland Bardwell, in London in 1957. Barland says of Katherine, "She did so much for him and I think it's often overlooked."
- Title The Fleeting City
- 1st Broadcast 29/04/1976
- ContributorKevin O'Connor (Producer)
Kieran Sheedy (Series Producer)
- Clip Duration 00:01:37
- Material Type Audio
- Clip title Leland Bardwell on Katherine Kavanagh
- Extended description
Patrick Kavanagh met Katherine Moloney, a friend of Therese Cronin and Leland Bardwell, in London in 1957. Patrick and Katherine were married in Dublin in April 1966.
In an extract from the radio documentary 'The Fleeting City', Leland Bardwell talks to Kevin O'Connor of Patrick and Katherine meeting in London in Bardwell's flat.
Barland says of Katherine, "She did so much for him and I think it's often overlooked."
'The Fleeting City' was a RTÉ radio programme recalling Patrick Kavanagh's London by some of those who met him there.
The programme was produced by Kevin O'Connor and the series editor was Kieran Sheedy.
- Local keywords Patrick Kavanagh, Poet, Poetry, Katherine Moloney, Katherine Kavanagh, Therese Cronin, Leland Bardwell, The Fleeting City
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Arts and Culture
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1976
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier AA16166
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used Irish (gle)
- Original language English (eng)