Sunil's chicken curry with fresh coriander: Today
Sunil's chicken curry with fresh coriander
By Sunil Ghai
- Heat the oil in a pan,
- Add the pounded spices & bay leaf and stir until the spices crackle & change colour.
- Add the chopped onions & sauté till golden brown, then add the ginger - garlic paste, stir continuously and keep scraping the bottom of the pan to avoid the mix getting burnt.
- Add the powdered spices except for the garam masala; mix quickly, without letting the spices getting burnt at the bottom.
- Add salt, chopped tomatoes & paste and cook over a slow heat, stirring slowly.
- As tomatoes melt to form a sauce, add chicken and cook on slow heat for 20-25 minutes until chicken is almost cooked.
- Sprinkle in garam masala and simmer to finish cooking.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle over some finely chopped ginger.