Eunice Power's Lemon and Olive Oil Cake: Today
Eunice Power's Lemon and Olive Oil Cake
By Eunice Power
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line the base of the tin with parchment paper, grease the sides of the tin with olive oil.
- Mix the caster sugar, eggs, yoghurt, extra-virgin and lemon zest.
- Next fold in the flour. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool. While the cake is cooling place the ingredients for the syrup into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then pour all over the cake.
- Allow to cool again and serve.