Tastes Like Home: Lamb Cutlets with Couscous Salad
Apricot Barbecue glaze
- Whizz everything in processor to a purée and the glaze is ready.
- Arrange lamb cutlets in a shallow dish.
- Pour the glaze over them, turning the cutlets so that each cutlet gets a good coating.
- Then cover, leave in cool place until time to cook. The cutlets need 6 mins each side on the bar-becue if you like them rare.
- Or if using the induction pan, seal in the juices of each side of the cutlets first.
- Then transfer to a baking tray.
- Arrange all cutlets with glaze on to the tray.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Bake in over at 200 degrees for 15 mins.
- Turn off oven, leave to rest, while you make the roast veg & couscous.
Roast Vegetables with Couscous
- Chop up quantity of mixed Veg that you like, e.g. aubergines, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, mush-room, garlic, red onion, fennel, drizzle with olive oil, season with herbs.
- Bake in oven at 200 de-grees for 30 mins – keep turning them.
Dressing for Couscous Salad
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into serving jug.
- Place couscous into heatproof bowl.
- Then pour the boiling stock over it, add seasoning.
- Cover and leave for 5 mins by which time it will have absorbed the stock and softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the cheese into cube size pieces.
- To serve this dish, place the couscous into a large heatproof serving bowl.
- Gently add the cheese into the couscous with a fork.
- Arrange the roasted vegetables on top.
- Next, arrange the salad leaves high on top of the roasted vegetables.
- At the end, drizzle the dressing on top followed by a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
- Hand the rest of the dressing around separately.